Meta Collective is changing its name to Meta Alliance.
“Meta" is derived from its use as a prefix, denoting, according to Google Dictionary:
(1) a change of position or condition, as in "metamorphosis";
(2) position behind, after, or beyond, as in "metacarpus";
(3) something of a higher or second-order kind, as in "metalanguage".
“Alliance" signifies bonds of mutual benefit among global leaders.
Our Alliance encompasses public and private partnerships in policy and technology, created to ensure our global infrastructure is built on continued innovation for the longevity of our global ecosystem.
Alliances have carried a political and military weight historically, as countless examples recall the role they have played in both instigating wars and, conversely, working for peace.
Meta Alliance is apolitical and inclusive, based on bonds of mutual benefit that we believe all citizens of the global ecosystem can agree on.
Many of us have observed in the political, social and economic landscapes a sea of reactionary and short-sighted decisions based on an underlying deficit mentality. This viewpoint assumes:
(1) There is a shortage of resources and solutions to re-think the way our planet functions and restore balance to quality of life.
(2) Individual attempts to solve this perceived shortage will make no difference.
The Meta Alliance takes a different approach:
(1) There is no shortage of resources or solutions. In fact, we have at our fingertips the tools of innovation, science, engineering, health, and political thought to design a future that is inherently regenerative and equitable.
(2) We are all citizens of the global ecosystem. The future of our planet and our quality of life is in our hands. It is the responsibility of each of us to identify our principles and participate in the change.
We call ourselves Meta because our approach is a marked change from the prevailing deficit mentality, and we take the long view to our intended ends. We look beyond short-sighted band-aids for global challenges to solutions founded on paradigm shifts. We look beyond wars bred from shortages, to harnessing and engineering for regenerative power. We look beyond ourselves to our ability to build the global ecosystem.